Safety Warnings and Advice from the Trimbos Institute:
- Always sit or lie down when using nitrous oxide.
- Make sure your hands are empty and put out your cigarette.
- Always use a balloon and never directly from a whipped cream syringe or tank. This prevents a lack of oxygen, but also prevents your lips, mouth or lungs from freezing.
- Use 1 cartridge per balloon.
- First inhale some air, then take nitrous oxide from the balloon. Do not empty the entire balloon in succession, take breaks.
- Stop if you get a headache or feel nauseous.
- Immediately discontinue use in the event of complaints such as tingling or numbness in limbs.
- Do not combine with alcohol, GHB or other narcotics, as this enhances the narcotic effect of nitrous oxide and increases the risks.
- Do not use laughing gas if you are pregnant or want to become pregnant.
- The after effects can last for a long time, so do not participate in traffic. Not during, but also not in the hours after use.
- Try not to use more than 5, max 10 balloons per occasion.
- Do not use every week, but once a month or rather less. This is to reduce the risk of a vitamin B12 deficiency caused by laughing gas.
- If you feel you have no control over your use, please contact an institution for alcohol and drug problems in your area for advice or call the Drugs Infoline: 0900 -1995.
We do not accept any liability for any adverse consequences that may arise for the user from recreational use.
Additional guidelines for nitrous oxide cylinders:
- Consumption at your own risk and use in moderation;
- Use under the age of 18 is not recommended; – Combined use of alcohol and/or drugs is strongly discouraged;
- Frequent and extreme use can lead to (health) risks and unpredictable effects and incidents;
- Consume carefully and safely;
- Overuse can be very dangerous;
- Never consume directly from the cylinder or gas bottle;
- Do not use in pregnancy, illness and / or cold;
- No use before and during participation in traffic;
- Attention tank can freeze
- Storage advice dry and cool
- Oxidizing gas
- Transport the bottles according to the rules of the ADR